Tango Summer vacation Italy 2020
This summer La Luna is invited again to join Oliver Koch and Marisa van Andel to be part of there tango vacation group in Italy.
This tango holiday is the ideal formula to explore a beautiful region with lots of sun, beaches, nature, gastronomy, and relaxation, combined with healthy movement and fun surrounded by an international group of people sharing the same passion: tango!
TANGO HOLIDAYS LAGO MAGGIORE 2020
In 2020, the tango holiday is in the beautiful cradle of the Lake Maggiore. Surrounded by the Alps, while in the rest of southern Europe the temperature can easily reach 34°C, here you can enjoy the pleasant microclimate (± 26°C) and the stunning beauty of the Northern Italian lakes.
Our very international groups are welcomed in the charming Lido Palace Hotel in Baveno.
Come and enjoy the sun, nature, fresh water, breathtaking views, delicious Italian food, tango classes, cozy milongas on a dream of a parquet floor… all at reasonable prices in an authentic Art Deco hotel.
From 1 until 8 August 2020
One of the pearls of the lake is the characteristic small town of Baveno (Vb, Piedmont), which is famous for its precious pink granite used in several buildings around the world: the Arc de la Paix and the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele of Milan, the columns from the Paris Opera House, Saint Charles Church in Vienna, Christopher Columbus Monument in New York and Bangkok’s Royal Palace…
The city of Milan (fashion capital) is located 80 km south, Brussels 870 km north. Baveno is easily accessible by car, train (Stresa) and plane. The nearest airport is Milano Malpensa (45 km).
This summer we will be in the majestuous and historic Lido Palace Hotel**** in Baveno (Verbania, Piedmont). In this characteristic hotel with breathtaking views of the lake and the picturesque Borromeo islands. Also, Queen Victoria, Sir Winston Churchill and Ray Charles were very pleased with their stay at this hotel.
For the classes and the milongas, the hotel proposes 2 bright, spacious rooms with terraces and lake views. The ceremonial hall – where most of the workshops and all the milongas take place – has a superb wooden floor. All rooms are equipped with a private bath or shower, air conditioning, satellite TV, WiFi and more than half of the rooms offer a stunning view of the lake.
The hotel is surrounded by a large colorful park with statues, flowers and exotic palms. It offers a swimming pool with sun loungers, umbrellas and towels, a tennis court, a ping pong table, a pool table and a gym. It also features a private beach on the lake right in front of the hotel and free parking behind the hotel.
The following prices are per person, based on 2 persons per room (except for the single rooms).
|Standard room (3*) 3rd or 4th floor on the back side||715€ pp|
|Superior room (4*) 1st or 2nd floor on the back side||820€ pp|
|Extra charge view on the lake||70€ pp|
|Extra charge view on the lake and balcony||70€ pp|
|Single standard room (3*) 3rd or 4th floor on the back side||925€ pp|
|Child between 6 and 12 years in the room with 2 adults||315€ pp|
|Child up to 5 years or pet in the room with 2 adults||free|
NB: The number of rooms overlooking the lake and with balcony are limited. These are allocated at the time of the reservation.
> Deposit to be paid within 4 weeks after booking to Lin: 400 € pp.
> Remaining to pay at the hotel during your stay (credit card).
> Not included: trip/shuttle to the hotel (on request), lunches, extras (drinks, snacks…), local tourist tax to pay at the moment of departure (1,60€ pp per day).
– until 14 days after reservation: 25€ pp
– from 15 till 60 days after reservation: 50€ pp
– as of 2 months after reservation until 15th June: 75€ pp
– after 15th June: 50% of the reserved package
– after start of the holiday: the total amount is due, unless a last minute replacement can still be found.
Included in the price are:
- Hotel in half board for 7 nights in a double room with private bathroom (bath/shower) and toilet, hair dryer, air conditioning, TV, telephone, WIFI, mini bar, safe. The participants have free access to the private beach, the swimming pool, the garden chairs, the fitness centre, the dancing rooms.
- Breakfast (until 10h00) and buffet supper with typical Italian menu. Every evening in the magnificent dining room with lake view reserved for the tango group, you will enjoy a varied buffet (vegetarian and not) with: first course, main course, side dishes, dessert. 1/4 L mineral water and 1/4 L wine per person are included in the price.
- The tango workshops (a total of 15 hours) of professional tango teachers.
- Every evening milonga, and a special ball with exhibitions and sales of tango clothes and shoes.
In the organisation of Marisa Van Andel and Oliver Koch from Brussels, will we joining with our group to fill up the hotel with tangodancers. The classes will be in Dutch if only Belgium people subscribe or in English if people from other countries subscribe. Lin also speeks Danish.
The tango workshops are taught in 2 spacious dancing rooms, with terrace and lake view. The main room on the ground floor has a beautiful parquet floor and the classroom on level -1 has a decent tile floor. Generally, the classes take place after breakfast and before dinner, and occasionally in the afternoon. Each group will have one full day without classes, to have time to explore the region.
A detailed programme of the classes will be sent to the participants about one month before the start of the holidays.
Every evening there will be a milonga for all the participants together, in the beautiful dancing hall with sprung floor, big terrace and lake view. A special milonga will be organized during the week with a performance by the guest teacher. Local tangueros are also invited to this milonga.
Sales of tango shoes and clothing are also provided at the hotel during the holidays.
Registrations for the classes can only be done in couples. We try to help singles to find a partner by bringing them into contact with each other. Once registered as a dance couple, however, it is no longer possible to switch partners. So please verify that the relationship between the two dancers is good enough, before registering as a dance couple.
Those who want to find a partner can send an e-mail with age, height, level, and languages or place an ad on the facebook group.
- Arrival is foreseen on Saturday 1 August befor (18h00).
- Departure on Saturday 8 August after breakfast.
- For tango guests who want to arrive earlier or stay longer and for people who accompany dancers (spouses, children, babysitters …) we have negotiated a more favorable group price. To benefit of the discount price, reservations must be made via Lin only, also for the non-dancers and the extra days. In exchange for the more favorable group price, a small commission will be charged for the organization. Book your extra days at the time of the reservation to benefit of the best conditions.
ATTENTION: the possibilities to extend your stay after the first week or before the second week is limited because the departure day of the first group is the same as the arrival day of the second group.
- Also, people who do not want to participate in the classes, but want to participate in the milongas only, can benefit from a discount group price. to stay in the hotel, by booking via Lin only, subject to availability. Participants who take the full package of hotel + classes + milongas have priority.
Address and itinerary of the Hotel
Lido Palace Hotel Baveno
SS Sempione, 30
I-28831 Baveno (VB)
Phone: +39 0323 92.44.44
Fax: +39 0323 92.47.44
Contact person: Paolo D’Amico
Milano Malpensa – 45 km
Milano Linate – 90 km
Line Cisalpina Milano/Genève – Station Stresa/Baveno
Route by car
From the north (Belgium, the Netherlands, France, etc): Go to the South via the Gotthard Tunnel (CH). Shortly after the exit of the tunnel (+/- 30 minutes), take exit 47 Bellinzona Sud/Locarno. Take the A13 Locarno Tenero, follow the road towards Ascona. Enter Italy, follow Cannobbio, Cannero Rivera, Ghiffa, Intra, Verbania, Baveno. Just past Baveno, on the road to Stresa, the Lido Palace Hotel is on your right-hand side.
All hotel reservations have to be made only via Lin. Do not contact the hotel directly if you wish to benefit from the group prices or participate in the tango activities.
Registrations are startet. To reserve your tango holidays, please send the complete details of both dancers, to Lin (NL, EN, DK) via firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: +32 476 732 709.
Do you have questions or a special request? Mail to Lin via email@example.com